If you are unsure what version of Windows you have, open Control Panel and click System. Look at the System section near the top of the page. There are separate instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7
These steps are required the first time you connect to the DLSWireless-Secure wireless network and may require an administrative account on your computer. After this connection has been configured you should reconnect automatically.
1. First, ensure your Wireless networking is turned on. Then left click on the Wireless Networking icon on the Windows task bar to see the list of available wireless networks. Then select "Change the order of preferred networks" from the left menu.
2. Ensure there are no Preferred networks named "DLSWireless-Secure", if so right click and "Remove" it. Then click "Add" to create a new Wireless Network.
3. Enter the following information:
Network name = DLSWireless-Secure
Network Authentication = WPA2
Data encryption = AES
Then select the Authentication tab.
4. Select EAP type as "Protected EAP (PEAP) and ensure that both options below are unchecked. Then click Properties below EAP Type.
5. Uncheck the "Validate server certificate" box at the top of the panel and click "Configure" next to the Authentication method.
6. Uncheck the option to "Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any). Then click Ok on this window, click Ok on the Protected EAP properties window and the Wireless network properties window.
7. Uncheck the option to "Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any). Then click Ok on this window, click Ok on the Protected EAP properties window and the Wireless network properties windows until you are back at the desktop.
8. In a moment you should see a prompt at the lower right side of the screen asking for credentials to login to the wireless network. Click on this message.
9. When prompted type your DLS username and password. Logon domain can be left blank.
10. You should now be connected to the DLSWireless-Secure network. Verify connectivity by highlighting the wireless network icon on the lower right.