The Division of Life Sciences has ceiling mounted Infocus Projectors in most conference and instructional computer rooms. These allow audio, video and computer presentations to be displayed easily without a mobile projector. For projectors in Nelson Biology Bldg please obtain the project remote control and cabling from the room's administrative contact or Laura Panos; in Life Sciences Building most projectors are controlled by touchscreen.
Please note the following:
- Connect laptops to the designated wall or input panel only, never to the projector directly!
- Do not press any buttons on the projector or disconnect any wires, this can cause damage to the device and programming.
- Be sure to turn off the projector before you leave, as the lamps are very expensive to replace.
- Check to see that the cable is not visibly damaged and is fully plugged in on both ends.
- Ensure that the laptop is configured to display video to the projector (Usually with special buttons or the Windows Key + P in Windows 7)
- Try reducing laptop display resolution (useful if you have a newer laptop)