The Division of Life Sciences has ceiling mounted HDMI and VGA Projectors in most conference and instructional computer rooms. These allow audio, video and computer presentations to be displayed easily without a mobile projector. For projectors in Nelson Biology Bldg please obtain the projector remote control and cabling from the room's administrative contact or Diane Jones; in Life Sciences Building most projectors are controlled by touchscreen.
Please note the following:
- Connect laptops to the designated wall or input panel only, never to the projector directly!
- Do not press any buttons on the projector or disconnect any wires, this can cause damage to the device and programming.
- Be sure to turn off the projector before you leave, as the lamps are very expensive to replace.
- Check to see that the cable is not visibly damaged and is fully plugged in on both ends.
- Ensure that the laptop is configured to display video to the projector (Usually with special buttons or the Windows Key + P)
- Try reducing laptop display resolution (useful if you have a newer laptop)